WELCOME! PLEASED TO MEET YOU
My name is Simone Spakman. Welcoming guests, making them feel at home, and connected, having them experience something special: this is what makes me tick. And that’s why I love my work as a local guide and event manager.
LOCAL GUIDE (ANVR CERTIFIED)
In 2008, after 10 years living in Amsterdam, I settled in Zaandam as a new resident. For me the Zaan region, only 15 minutes north of Amsterdam, was still (quite) unknown. In the meantime I got to know this beautiful region well. And now that I myself am so enthusiastic, as a local guide I like to let others discover the Zaan region.
Besides travelling, I have a passion for industrial and cultural heritage for many years. For me it’s mainly the unique athmosphere and the stories that give character to an historical building, monument or area. Those special stories inspire me, stay with me and I like to share them.
When I travel myself, I love locals taking me around the area off the beaten path, sharing stories about un- and well known places and letting me experience the local hospitality and products. So, I would like to invite you to discover Zaandam, the Hembrug area, the Zaanse Schans and authentic Zaanse villages together. By foot, bike or boat. See you soon!
TOUR & EVENT MANAGER
For over 25 years I have been organizing exclusive, interactive experiences and customized business events. Are you looking for an experience and event producer who:
- can help think about the concept and contents of an experience, (multi-day) tour or interactive event (online, live or hybrid);
- is acquainted with special (heritage) locations and professional event partners in The Netherlands;
- can offer fun activities in the Amsterdam / Zaan region;
- can co-create with you the concept, organisation and realisation of a tailor-made experience, (multi-day) tour or event or;
- can support you with the organisation and realisation, so you can focus fully on your guests/customers?
If so, then see Events and read more about customized tours & events and my plan of action.
In January 2019 I started my own company Experience Local | heritage, food & events. Besides being a local guide, I work as a freelance or ad interim Tour & Event Manager in The Netherlands, for e.g.:
- Stichting Leerplanontwikkeling (SLO), curriculum development for primary and secondary – Communication Advisor & Event Manager a.i.
- Ducktrail, adventure in a 2CV rally – Freelance Tour Manager
- Dreams powerd by Top Shops – Freelance Ambassador Partnerships & Events in the province Noord-Holland
- DutchTravelArt, professional art exhibition from cars, vans and campervans on rural (inter)national festival location & creative workshops with a lecture at a heritage location – Freelance PR & Event Producer
Are you interested in the more than 25 years work experience I have gained in the field of marketing, communication and events?
Please see for more information and endorsments my LinkedIn profile.