Photo above: DutchTravelART Fair
DUTCH TRAVEL ART
Dutch Travel ART is an initiative of Mirjam Voets (visual artist), Kitty Weber (visual designer) and Simone Spakman (event manager). The aim of DutchTravelART is to present itself as a travelling, professional group of artists from various disciplines to the general public at a beautiful location in Noord-Holland every year.
Now that public events can be organised again, we are going to make an inventory of which festivals in Noord-Holland we can join in the summer of 2023. We had a kick off on June 12, 2022 with a pilot of our own small-scale event at the Hembrugterrein in Zaandam.
DUTCH TRAVEL ART EVENT 2022
In June 2022 we organised our own DutchTravelART Event at Bind on the Hembrugterrein in Zaandam. We presented art from the trunk and installations of artists next to Bind with 10 cars, vans and camper vans.
Artistic participants / exhibitors, who participated in 2022:
1. Kitty Weber & Paul Vermeulen, Amsterdam – collages, jewellery and 3D art
2. Joanne Zegers, Zaandam – drawings
3. Mirjam Voets, Zaandam – drawings
4. Ellen van Putten & Erik Sok, Harlingen – installations, objects, video & drawings
5. Karin Melchers & Ria Onderdelinden, Heiloo – ceramics
6. Samm Lewis, Amsterdam – wall art, textiles & teablends
7. Suzanne van Ham, Assendelft – drawings
8. Petra Kruijt, Alkmaar – paintings
9. Joke de Lange, Nijmegen – objects
10. Anita Kremers, Lienden – sculptures
The theme of this ART Event was ‘Connection in Art‘. During this DTA event, we made connections with other art forms, such as theatre, word art and music:
– Amateur theatre group the PPG Palet Quartet with the ‘Pas Pastel Gekwast Bob Ross art project’ performed short ‘street theatre acts’ on the outside area,
– Word artist Jacob Passander recited his own (interactive) travel stories and wandering poems among the audience in the outdoor area,
– Singer Ixchel, accompanied herself on acoustic guitar & joekelille.
– Allround band Koblenz, consisting of 6 young talents from Poppodium de Flux, played (semi acoustic) on the indoor stage Bind.
NEW – CREATIVE WORKSHOPS
Dutch Travel ART organises creative workshops again in autumn 2022 in the Art Gallery (Kunstgenieloods) of Fort aan den Ham in Uitgeest and the Museum of Humanity in Zaandam. Unfortunately, due to Corona, we had to postpone this new initiative, but now we are really getting started. Keep an eye on the website for the new dates!
The creative workshops will be organised at a different and impressive heritage location. With your own group of friends or colleagues (8-12 participants), you will have the opportunity to get acquainted with painting, modelling or another discipline with a theme tailored to the location. And for inspiration an introductory lecture is given about the heritage location and the matching theme.
Please contact me for more information. Also ask for the options for a tailor-made programme for your own group!